Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fight the Spammer

I received this email in my inbox.

Dear friend,I am sincerely Sorry for bugging into your privacy, it's due to a businessdeal in my bank value at thirty seven million four hundred thousand usdollars,($37.4M) as a foreigner can present you as the beneficiary to theinheritance.l am Mr.Rob Chapman Director of Systems The Banksa Managing Director, thisopportunity will be of mutual benefit to the two of us. I would provideyou with all the necessary documents to lay claims and also I would availyou with the modalities we shall follow once I hear from you Because of myposition in office, please endeavor to keep to your self issue concerningthis proposal.If you are interested,kindly get back to me with your full contactinformation's and phone number via email (mrrobchapman01@hotmail.com) oryou can reach me any time on my phone (+612-800-3 7218).If not interested you can delete this mail

Regards,Mr.Rob Chapman

I get several of these a month and normally delete them. Being unemployed does have its advantages in that I have some spare time now. So I responded. I don't have proof that I responded other than this cut and paste. But I assure you, this is what I sent this individual. I swear.

Dr. Mr. Rob Chapman,

Words cannot express the gratitude I have right now. Actions cannot express it either other than I shall give you a big hug and the Care Bear of your choice when we finally meet after you have made me a multi-millionaire. Your timing is impeccable. How did you know that I was broke? Also, do you have friends that have come across a lot of money because they all want to give it to ME! Talk about the right place at the right time. I sure am glad y'all found me. So what do we do next?

I am confused as to your accent. Most people lose the accent when typing but I could almost hear the excitement in your voice as you chose ME of all people to be the beneficiary of this money. Who died and made us rich, partner? Can we find some more dead people and take their millions? I think we can do a lot of good with this money. I know of at least one mobile home that needs some fixin', not to mention some friends who could use some new gloves for the winter.

Please email me and tell me what to do next. I am on pins and needles. A tad painful, but for this amount of cash, it don't hurt that bad.

Maybe he will write back....

No comments:

About Me

Followers

Search This Blog