Sunday, October 05, 2008

My New Retirement Plan

Since the market has been performing swimmingly, I have been giving some serious thought to my financial future. Being 35-years old, it came to mind that this might be a good time to ponder the lifestyle I want when I retire. At the current pace, I am destined to have a shitload of inner tubes, cemented to a piece of plywood, ala Huck Finn, floating downstream on a major body of water.

My wife and I went to an exotic pet store in Kennewick yesterday and saw some baby tortoises. Not knowing about their cost, I was shocked that they were almost $200 a pop. For a four-hundred dollar investment, it is possible to breed these things and sell them to pet stores around the country. The thought occurred to me that the overhead required for such an investment would be rather small, at least initially. Figure the average brood for a mating pair is 30 eggs. Even if 50% perished, that left 15 baby turtles. Now, of course, the pet store would not pay retail, so figure a 50% reduction for a wholesale price, that was $100 a turtle. That's $1500 a brood. Tick, tock, tick, tock....

We also have an English Bulldog we want to breed. He is not a champion, and is pet quality (one of the best dogs I have ever owned), his semen would not be a "prize possession." However, it would be realistic to assume that we could get $300 per specimen shipped to an approved bitch.

Bitch....LOL....Bitch Bitch Bitch.....OK, all done.

That being said, the thought occurred to me AGAIN that I was missing on getting some money back from the market crashing by letting turtles hump in an aquarium and jerking my dog off. Of course, it is hard to explain how I made my money. I am sure I would have to come up with something other than I raise tortoises and give my dog a hand job every month. a 3000% return on investment is hard to come by. So, I think I will just refer to my idea as the BOHICA investment package, in the name of my bullie Gus.

Bend Over Here It Comes Again

I will have to research just how valid this opportunity is. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

About Me

Followers

Search This Blog